The Anamosa Community School District was awarded funding for the Keeping Up with the Joneses project funded by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools through the Grants to Reduce Alcohol Abuse Program. The project supports prevention programming to all 6th through 12th grade youth in the 4 school districts in Jones County. The Consortium is conducting a process and outcome evaluation to determine the degree of success in achieving project goals. The goals of the project are to:
- Reduce underage alcohol use and binge drinking by the youth targeted by the prevention programs,
- Increase the number of targeted youth who disapprove of alcohol abuse,
- Increase the number of targeted youth who believe alcohol is harmful to their health,
- Demonstrate comprehensive, county-wide alcohol prevention system change,
- Demonstrate local capacity to implement and sustain research-based prevention programs.
This project was completed July 1, 2008.